Monday, April 23, 2012

My Globe Tattoo 4G Flash Review



I promised to write a review about the Globe Tattoo 4G Flash after my 120 hours / five days free trial upon purchasing the unit. That time was up last Thursday, and I have been using the dangle until now using their Supersurf service. I have to tell you, though, that before using the 4G flash, I’ve been using the regular Globe tattoo dongle boasting a speed of up to 3.6 Mbps for a year before this. I wasn’t very satisfied with the reception I was getting here in Cubao, so I figured that I’d have to look for something better. Plus, upon reading good reviews from fellow bloggers and seeing their extensive advertisements about their “new” and “improved services,” I ought to give it a try, don’t I? Their broadband has this new skin, and it’s pretty neat. 




Upon plugging in the dongle, a 21.6 Mbps prompt will tell you about – perhaps how fast the reception the dongle is getting – or not.



It's very slow, but I just got to endure it for now. What I don't understand is that I am only getting 3G signals. My bad, perhaps since I am living here in "Cubao." (duh! I thought I should be getting better reception here - FAIL) What a laugh! I wonder which location has 4G? This dongle cost me around 1k+ (gotta check my receipt), and to be honest. There's not much of a difference between the old Globe broadband I'm using (up to 3.6 Mbps) to this one. I guess what I like most about this, though, is their prepaid surfing service. I've no plans of actually signing up for a plan which usually has a locked-in period, so their supersurf services' just great to use it. At the moment, I'm still not pissed with the service I'm getting, unlike the experience I've had with Sun BroadbandThat's a total nightmare! Anyways, I'll continue using Globe 4G flash for now and will tell you in the future If I'm still with them.



Here are the speed tests I ran at around 1:50 -2:05 AM (5:53 GMT), and the results are just ridiculous!




click to enlarge


I did not know that Globe Tattoo's SUPERSURF SERVICES (Unlimited Internet) actually have a limit of up to 800mb per day. Wow! That is indeed UNLIMITED! Thanks! I was able to finish all my work because of this bullcrap!

I was very annoyed when I’m working on something and I received this message   -
Name:
Number:8888
Content:
GLOBE Advisory:Your data subscription for today has reached 800mb. Your remaining browsing hours will resume tomorrow subject to promo validity. You may opt to forfeit your remaining subscription to browse for P5/15 or you may dial *143# for FREE and press "CALL" to register to any surfing promo. To unsubscribe text SUPERSURF STOP or POWERSURF STOP to 8888.Guided by Globe Acceptable Use Policy. Visit http://surf.globe.com.ph/fup.

I tried restarting my pc but it took me a day before I was able to use their service again. Such a bummer!

Rating – 1 /10

7 comments:

moises said...

ganyan din broadband ko... ambilis tlga nun.. minsan umaabot pa ng 5mbps kht sabi up tp 3.6 lang... pero minsan naiplug ko ung dating globe broadband ko na lower unit tpos nainstall ulit un,,bumagal siya.. dina umaabot ng 400kbps tpos nagbu2ffer na youtube ko na dati bihira lang manyari.
tpos pumunta ako sa site ng tattoo nag upgrade na pala ung flash ng 7.2mbps mga 1 month plang nung nabili ko... kaya nakakainis. ndi rin kaya un posibleng maging dahilan kung bakit bumagal broadband ko?kase parang naiwanan ganun?
reply plss... ano po sa tingin nyo?
may mga paraan ba kau para mag speed up ang internet connection?
SALAMAT :)

archiemb said...

Hi Moises!

I'm not really sure if you can speed up your broadband's connection. You're even lucky that you were able to experience 5mbps before - man' that was really fast!

Depende rin kasi sa hardware mo din yata or sa processor na gamit mo, sa gamit mong pc and all...the usual - pero syempre hindi mo rin maiwasan na isipin na naisahan ka diba?

At the moment, walang pagbabago sa speed ng broadband ko here in Cubao. Mabagal pa rin at wala pa akong Youtube videos or any videos online for that matter na hindi nagba-buff. I have to wait for everything. Kahit nga off-peak hours akong naka online ganon parin ang case. It's kinda frustrating but I guess ganon na lahat ngayon. Iniintindi ko na lang dahil alam ko naman na most of us are using internet now - broadband connection that is so malamang eh congested na talaga ang metro manila so malabo na makakuha ng okay na signal unless naka-wired ka. I've tried that before but I decided to cut it since I'm always out at umuuwi ako ng province lagi so I just opted to use broadband - sabi nga nila you can't always get what you want hahaha. I'm sorry if hindi ako nakatulong sa case ng broadband mo.

Anonymous said...

Want to see actual speeds?

http://testmy.net/quickstats/ray-pating@gmail-com

5Mbps ang plan, 0.5 Mbps ang actual na nakukuha. Galing!

Anonymous said...

guys ganyan din sakin meron ako old usb modem ng globe tattoo hirap ako makakuha ng maganda rssi pero ung ginamit ko ung new usb modem nila ngaun nagulat ako akalain mo walang kahirap hirap ang taas ng signal tapos ang baba pa ng rssi ko bilis ng dl ko pero ang pinaka nakakagulat walking distance lng ako sa cell site ng globe sa tingin ko kapag luma na ung usb modem at meron na silang bagong labas na modem like 4g flash controlled nila ung speed sa data center syempre para bumili nga naman tau ng new usb modem business nga naman

bennix said...

Hi thanks for your worth reading review. I have just bought this Globe 4G Flash here in Davao.I promise to write my own review for this after 5 days of testing...Merry Christmas..:)

archiemb said...

@bennix -I'll be looking forward to that :) pleas share the link of your reviews here :)

Anonymous said...

I think people are really stupid, globe says unlimited and then they have 800mb as a limit. that's total false advertizing. I use globe, well because we here do not have many choices and they, the three just lie and cheat us out of quality service.
the board that is suppose to regulate these thieves are still trying to figure out how to work there vcr and pagers...
PS: Aquino doing a great job, but he cannot do it alone. So its up to you do something.