Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Am Number Four Film Review


Director: D.J Caruso

On DVD

Starring: Alex Pettyfer, Dianna Agron, Timothy Olyphant, Callan McAullife

Watching this film is like watching an episode of TV series’ Roswell meets DarkAngel. John was from planet Lorien along with his guardian and is being hunted by the Mogadorians who are killing the remaining nine “special Loriens” in chronological order. They’ve already killed Number 1, 2 and 3 and John’s next. Now, he needs to change his identity (for the nth time) and try not to be killed.


I was quite impressed by the film’s premise but thought that the acting of its actors are very weak specially Dianna Agron’s character who played John / Number 4’ s love interest. It was a bit Glee-ish and disconnected. Alex Pettyfer playing the title role was very enigmatic on screen but needs more depth. There are unnecessary and prolonged scenes that I find distracting. I love that they showed Number Six, though, and I’m hoping that the producers aren’t going to kill her for the upcoming ‘I Am Number…” franchise (if there’ll be any.)

It is not technically good but it was a very enjoyable film because it has the story to keep you curious and wait for the next one. For this alone, I’ll be giving the film a 6.5/10 ratings.

-paddylast

No comments: