Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 Film Review

Cinema: Gateway Cineplex 3 – P190

Director: David Yates

Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman, Julie Walters


I was never truly a big fan of this franchise but I am always fascinated to watch each movie. I have never even read the books so I rely solely on IMDB, Wikipedia and the movies itself of course.

I have seen the part one of the Deathly Hollows last year but I fell asleep halfway thru the movie. For some reason, I just slept and woke up during the credits. A big epic fail for me, I know.

This time though, Harry Potter’s final film left a big impression on me that I am now considering on finally reading the books! This finale was perfectly created to leave something for its fans that would truly stay with them forever.

Harry, Ron and Hermionie were all so grown up here that you feel so attached to them watching them grow over the years that you feel like crying when the end credits started rolling.

The visuals are exemplary, the score – we all know how uniquely good it was and of course, the actors are simply superb.

This film though gave a very special homage to Severus Snape who had been one of the villains of this movie series from the start but his character was the perfect example of true redemption! His scenes really made me cry.

The magic, spells, the side characters all made this film a worthwhile film to really enjoy! And ofcourse the ending of Harry’s story will always live on as this franchise come to its end, it just gained a new fan in me.

My Rating: 9/10

-paddylast

No comments: