Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Road Film Review

Director: John Hillcoat
Book by : Cormac McCarthy
Screenplay: Joe Penhall

Starring:
Viggo Mortensen
Kodi Smit-McPhee
Michael K. Williams
Robert Duvall
Guy Pearce
and Charlize Theron

Release Date: November 2009

The film has basically no story about the premise on how the apocalyptic event in the film happened and the struggle is about the father and son keeping up their faith with each other and trying to survive as humane as possible.

It's probably the most depressing film I've seen in a while. The premise in a post-apocalyptic America where a father and a son were shown on a journey towards a warmer place, in the south is as bleak as the film's backdrop.

I haven't read the book of the same title but after watching the film, I don't think I'd read the book-- as i've said, it's just way too depressing.

Viggo Mortensen as the father was amazing, there is this depth about him being the father taking care of his son, protecting him in every way he can.

I don't really like the son played by Kodi Smit-McPhee, he tends to be annoying everytime he deliver his line. I'm no expert on this but the innocence the film is trying to depict from Smit-McPhee is not translating--atleast for me.

I'd give the film 3 out of 5 Stars.

-paddylast

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.