Sunday, September 4, 2011

Writing Tagalog Pocketbooks?

Way before I purchased my first laptop, I submitted stories in vernacular with different publishing houses. It can be a great source of income, especially if you love writing; just imagine doing what you love, making people happy, and earning at the same time?! Good deal, right? But it's never easy to write a story that will make the publishers happy that they'd approve it for release right away. Getting your inspiration for your novels isn't easy, but I figured out some tips on being inspired.

1. I watch many romantic films, which helps a lot because I can get some ideas from them, but of course, you just have to get some pointers from them. Never copy the plot, though, because plagiarism someone else's work is plain stealing!

2. Imagine your characters! Usually, when I write – I have my characters' descriptions and picture them as my favorite actors. It works every time because, in my imagination, I get to have them do what I want them to do, and I can easily translate that into writings.

3. Naming your characters should be fun! Have your favorite people's name as your character, and I'm pretty sure that you'd enjoy writing your stories.

4. Do not rush into finishing your story. Let it come naturally for you to be able to produce a fluid storyline.

And lastly, for number 5. Have someone read your drafts and get some opinion about it before submitting it to your editors – I make it a point that I have it read by some friends who I know will be totally honest with me.

There, let writing Tagalog pocketbooks be fun for you! Kung Pinoy ka, madali na sa iyo ito dahil tagalong ang universal na salita ng mga Filipino.

Sana nakatulong ang mga tips na it, which I'm using for my writing J Just keep on writing stuff, you'll never know what will happen a hundred years from now – baka classics na yang mga novels niyo in the future.

10 comments:

Mokz JM said...

thanks for the tip. been writing but unfortunately i didn't finish one.

Mokz JM said...

thanks for the tip! been writing but hadn't finish one:(

Mokz JM said...

thanks for the tip! been writing but hadn't finish one

archiemb said...

just keep going though, find your inspirations and you'd surely end up writing a good story.

thanks for droppin' by (^_^)

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the encouragement. Mahilig akong gumawa ng short stories and yung latest 43 pages na romantic story kaya lang nung tiningnan ko sa PHR, wala sa criteria kaya nahiya ako isubmit.

Bangs said...

Thanks for the tip..Honestly I have so many story That I've made...I want to published it but I don't know how and where i could published.

Unknown said...

Same here... Thanks for the tips...

Anonymous said...

I did lot of stories in my mind but only few of them had written.
Planning to submit it to a publishing house soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip. Mahilig talaga ako magsulat ng stories at gusto Ko mapublished ito but I don't know where I could published

Unknown said...

I have a lot of stories here. And i love to publish it. Kasi kahit ano ang gumagawa ng story ko. Habang binabasa ko kinikilig din ako. looking for editor.