Friday, August 27, 2010

Salt Film Review


Gateway Cinema 9

P171 with D.


Director: Phillip Noyce

Starring
Angelina Jolie as Evelyn Salt
Liev Schreiber
Chiwetel Ejiofor
August Diehl
Daniel Olbrychski

Watching Salt was like watching Step Up 3D minus the latter's bad acting. Yeah. I compared it to Step-Up because like the unbelievably amazing choreography of that film -- Salt takes action into another amazing unbelievable level! It's literally action-packed but not totally brutal to watch.


Plus. It's Angelina. It's like watching Wanted all over again. It's too fast-paced for me and I was so keen watching Angelina kick everyone's ass that I have totally forgotten the story. I'm not saying it's forgettable, the action sequences were just way too over the top. For some reasons, it kinda reminds me of the "transgenic" of the TV Series "Dark Angel" where kids were trained to be warriors.


So I'd say it is a mix of Step-Up 3D minus the acting, Wanted minus the story and "Dark Angel" minus the cloning. "Hit Girl" should hang out with Salt!

Ratings: 8 / 10


-paddylast

No comments: