Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ip Man 2 Film Review



SM Megamall Cinema 6
Premiere Night Invitation
August 16, 2010 - 7:30 PM
with D.

Director: Wilson Yip

Starring
Donnie Yen
Sammo Hung
Lynn Hung
Huang Xiaoming

You people reading this may already know Ip Man - 葉問 . He's considered the first Master of Chinese Martial Arts who taught Wing Tsun in mainland china (Foshan) and eventually settled in Hong Kong to teach the art.

Coming to the premiere, I actually just read some stuff about Ip Man and I don't have a lot of idea who he is. I just know that he's the master of Bruce Lee and that's just about it. I'm not really into martial arts films / chinese / asian films in particular but I enjoy a few every now and then. I have yet to see the first Ip Man which was release in 2008 so I just read the first film's plot on the internet.

The 2nd installment isn't that bad. I mean, I love the fight scenes specially the "initiation" of the Martial Arts Society with Ip. It was really funny and seeing Sammo Hung was just incredible. The movements of the arts are so precise that I couldn't help but be awestruck!

I just hate the fact that they have to dub the whole thing in English. I wish they just showed it with subtitle because It's a bit redundant and comical at times. Over-all, I did enjoy the film but won't suggest a second screening-- although, I'd definitely get it on DVD with the original lines with subtitles.

I'd give it a 6 / 10 ratings.

I'd like to thank PinoyExchange and SOLAR UIP for the invites.

-paddylast



1 comment:

JORISDICTION said...

Kuya maganda raw 'to? According sa pinsan kong nakapanuod na. Hehe I like martial arts movie! :)