Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Idol Don McLean To Visit Manila!!!

Growing up as a teenager, I've always been drawn to old songs because it gives me that magical feeling of being transported at another time, another era and another persona. Some of these songs are from Kenny Rogers, John Denver, Porter Wagoner, Ray Price and of course Don McLean.
Don McLean has always been my favorite since I bought his Greatest Hits CD, his songs are my drugs at those times when my family was facing some personal difficulties. It's such a relief hearing his music which gave me more energy and lift my spirit to go on with life.
Some of my favorite songs would have to be his classics If We Try, Castles In The Air and his rendition of Crying. I also love The Birthday Song and Everyday, two particular song of his which makes me very happy every time I listen to them.

It's just last week though that I've heard that he's coming for a concert on March 2 and it got me all excited! I've waited all my life to see him and I'm very excited to sing along with him while watching him perform all the great songs that he has written and remade. I wish I could meet him face to face!!! I wish!

A Starry Starry Night With Don McLean
Date: March 2, 2011, Wednesday 8PM
Venue: Araneta Coliseum
Ticket Prices:
VIP(103&101 ROWS A-J) (Reserved Seating) 4760
PATRON (Reserved Seating) 4230
LOWER BOX (Reserved Seating) 3700
UPPER BOX A (Reserved Seating) 2640
UPPER BOX B 1060
GENERAL ADMISSION 530
Tickets are available in all Ticketnet outlets. Call 911-5555 or visitwww.ticketnet.com.ph for more details.


To Don McLean,
Thank you very much for your music and for the inspiration that you gave me!

-paddylast

No comments: