Saturday, April 30, 2011

Let Me In Film Review

On DVD

Director: Matt Reeves

Based On: Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Starring: Chloe Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee

This film is about a bullied boy who befriends a new girl in his neighborhood. She encourages him to fight back to his bullies and he discovered that she’s no ordinary girl – she’s a young vampire lusting for blood and is looking for a new companion.

This film was actually one of my must-watch films on my list. I love Chloe Moretz playing the young vampire, Abby. I thought she’s fantastic as the young and lonely vampire. You can feel her sadness and that vicious persona in her eyes.

The boy, Kodi Smit-McPhee was as good delivering a superb performance, which is rather a reminiscent of his performance in The Road.

I love that the film is not predictable and went more violent in comparison to the original Swedish version. There is such a subtlety in the film that lures you into watching its entirety. It’s a great remake that can stand on its own without the merit of the first one. My rating for this film is 9/10 for giving me the creep that I’m expecting from it.

-paddylast

No comments: