Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank Film Review

gateway cinema 6 - 199 w.d

This film has got to be one of the best Filipino films in years. From the actors to the scripts – it speaks volume and when I said volume, I mean it has its own voice! The film is funny, evocative and just pure genius!

It chronicles a day in the life of three budding filmmakers as they set out to create an Oscar-worthy film! JM De Guzman, Kean Cipriano and Eugene Domingo totally delivered on this one! I love how most scenes were written with humorous intent but it has its subtlety to provoke the audience’ thoughts.

Its mundane exterior was just a subplot to carry us through a ride where the actors delivered their lines with sheer conviction. Kean Cipriano stood out for me here playing the uber-OC director of the movie while JM De Guzman provided the support he needed to give a sense of additional sensibility to the screen.

Eugene Domingo’s portrayal as Mila, the mother of seven children and as her fictional ‘self’ helps the film to find its balance giving support to these newbies.

I won’t tell you guys any spoiler poops about the film but just trust my review. Your money’s so worth it for this one.

Oh and yes, my friend was asking me if I think that this movie is “in reality” an Oscar-worthy one – I say, Why not?

Rating: 9/10

No comments: